Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What Happens When You Get Saved Part 4


In my previous lessons on what happened when a person receives Jesus Christ as Lord and gets born again, I began to share concerning the importance of renewing our minds to God’s will and ways. We have to change the way we think about things if we desire to walk in God’s best.

When we first give our lives to Christ, our spirits were instantly changed. But our mind is another story. We will have to get into the Word of God and feed upon it continually so that our thought-life can come in line with what God did in our spirits when we received His life. The key to mind renewal is meditation. Yes, I said meditation. Meditation is not a bad word, but many people have erroneous ideas concerning it because of what many eastern religions teach about it. But meditation is God’s idea.

God spoke to Joshua of old and told him to meditate in His Word day and night. (Joshua 1:8) God spoke of the blessedness of the person who would meditate in His Word day and night, saying that he or she would be like a tree planted by rivers and waters and that whatsoever he or she did would prosper. (Psalms 1: 1-3)

Meditation is not a bad thing. It is a God thing which makes it a good thing if we understand what God means by it. Here is something to consider: When eastern religions speak of meditation, they encourage people to empty their minds of every thought. This is not Biblical and it can prove to be very dangerous. (Most people do not have much in their minds now. Imagine them emptying what little sense they have. Smile.)

God, however speaks of meditation as filling our minds, filling our thoughts with the thoughts of God, with the Word of God. We are not told to empty our minds. We are encouraged to think, ponder and consider God’s Word day and night. (For more information on true Biblical Meditation, please refer to my book, Be Ye Transformed here: http://amzn.to/1lxeu8D

The word to meditate, according to the James Strongs Exhaustive Concordance, means to think, mutter, imagine and ponder. This means we are to think upon the Word of God, mutter and speak the Word of God to ourselves over and over again, set our imaginations upon God’s Word and ponder the truths of God’s Word.

Here is a particular passage from God’s Word that you can use to meditate. Notice carefully how I will be pondering this Scripture.

Ephesians 2:10 (Amplified Bible)

“For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].”

Oh my, this particular verse of Scripture is so filled with life, so full of good truths that we should take our time and muse upon it. However, because we only have a few moments, we shall just taste a few of these sweet and precious revealed realities.

Firstly, we are God’s workmanship, His own handiwork. We are recreated of God. We are born of Him. Oh wow. We are born of the Almighty God, the Creator of the universe.

Repeat this softly to yourself: I am born of Almighty God. I am born of Him. I am His child. I am His creation, His recreation. Not only so, but I am His handiwork. As the potter makes the clay into a vessel of beauty and usefulness, even so God has recreated me and made me into a vessel of beauty and usefulness. Say it under your breath: I am born of God. I am born of God. I am His Own handiwork.

Notice again that we have been recreated in Christ Jesus. Say it aloud: I am in Christ Jesus. I am bone of His bones and flesh of His flesh. I am connected to the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a branch in the Vine. I am in Christ Jesus now.

Now look at the next statement in this verse of Scripture: I am God’s handiwork created in Christ Jesus unto good works. Wow. Muse with me upon this marvelous truth. We have been recreated in Christ for a purpose a Heavenly Purpose. And that purpose is to do good works, to do the works which God had set in our destiny from the foundation of the world. This means that we are not an accident. We are not here by happenstance. We are by God’s Divine Design. We are recreated in Christ Jesus so that we may fulfill God’s Will. The Amplified Bible says we are recreated in Christ Jesus so that we can live the good life, which God had predetermined for us. The good life. Say that to yourself at least five times: God recreated me in Christ Jesus to live the good life. God recreated me in Christ Jesus to live the good life. God recreated me in Christ Jesus to live the good life. God recreated me in Christ Jesus to live the good life. Now say it aloud. I am recreated in Christ Jesus to live the good life.

God wants me to enjoy the good life He planned for me from the beginning of the world. He wants you to enjoy life too. But this enjoyment can only be experienced as we walk in obedience to His will and ways.

I will have to stop here. But if you desire to learn much more of how to meditate in God’s Word, then get your copy of Be Ye Transformed here: http://amzn.to/1lxeu8D which explains in detail how to get your mind renewed so that you could enjoy God’s best.

No comments:

Post a Comment